On this episode I talk about my new computer, eWorld and much more. Enjoy!
My New Computer Build
My new PC is finished and as with every custom build there are a few issues but I have been working on ironing out the kinks. The final specs I went on were:
- CPU – Intel Core i7 3770
- GPU – EVGA Nvidea Geforce GTX 660
- Memory – Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600MHz
- Hard Drive 1 – Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM as Boot Drive
- Hard Drive 2 – Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM as storage drive
- Case – Zalman Z11 Plus Mid Tower
- Power Supply – Storm 900W PSU
New Media Expo 2013
New Media Expo 2013 is on from the 6th to the 8th January 2013 and it is a conference where podcasters can meet up. There are guest speakers from web series and successful podcasts. If you are a podcaster in the US you really should try to go to it in Las Vegas.
CES 2013 – What can we expect
What to expect from CES. Lots of TV’s OLED, 4K even, not so much 3D. Tablets – More affordable, more powerful, cool designs. Big Phones – Phablets from all manufacturers. Lots of new Windows 8 devices – Touch screen laptops, In between laptops and tablets such as the Surface Pro. Intel new mobile processors. Nvidea Tegra 4 – Possibly speeds of up to 1.8GHz Quad Core. Microsoft won’t be at CES. They said at CES 2012 that it would be their last CES. You can check out the website at: http://www.cesweb.org/
Elder World is an online interactive solution for seniors to help them. There are five sections: Elder Secure, Elder Engage, Elder Monitor, Elder Book and Elder Exercise. I have been working on this project over the Christmas holidays and I’m making this project as part of a team of 10 for the First Lego League competition.
New Ubuntu Mobile OS
Ubuntu is making a new Mobile OS to launch at CES. OEM’s will be able to put it on their devices. Ubuntu for Android came out last year but this is an entire new OS. What I like so much about the new mobile OS is that it will be very easy to develop for it. You can write HTML5 apps using frameworks such as PhoneGap and easily adapt it to Ubuntu. They are really focusing on cross-platform development. That is the right way to go because the application eco-system is probably one of the most important things to get people to use the OS.
2013 – The Year of the New Games Consoles
Hopefully 2013 will be the year of the games consoles Both Microsoft and Sony plan on releasing new versions of the Playstation and Xbox.
What do I want to see on a new Xbox:
– Much improved graphics
– Blu-ray so that games makers can fit their games on one disk.
– Improved experience for driving simulators. Maybe microsoft could come out with a proper steering wheel with full controls for their driving game Forza. That would be great!
– Improve on the kinect – Allow to do more with the kinect, sense fingers and even toes!, Be able to pick up 8 people at once.
I can’t really talk much about the playstation because I’ve always had an Xbox. Will consoles be able to get the sales? Gaming PC’s are becoming popular again as it has been so long since the consoles have been updated.